Friday, 31 January 2014

January 2014 Empties

For me, the end of January means exams are over and I should really be getting on with a huge literature review due soon.  However, I am Queen of Procrastination and would rather blog about the stuff I've finished this month instead ;)

Shower

Lush Slammer - I'll be reviewing this soon but long story short, it's a citrus based Retro Shower Gel.  Spoiler alert: I hated it!

The Body Shop White Musk Libertine Body Wash - I received this as part of a set for Christmas from my brother.  It's actually my Mum's favourite scent, so using it reminded me of her and was comforting :)  It's a sweet, powdery scent that is quite lovely!

Lush Rose Jam - Oh, Rose Jam.  Let me count the ways in which you smell delicious.  You can read my full review of this product here!
Body

The Body Shop White Musk Libertine Body Lotion - This was also from the set my brother gave me.  As a lotion it was pretty good - it didn't take too long to sink in, plus the yummy scent lingered on the skin

Molton Brown Pink Pepperpod Nourishing Body Lotion - I received this as a freebie when I bought a Molton Brown shower gel for my Nanny for Christmas.  It had an unusual sweet yet spicy scent that was actually really pleasant, plus it was a light yet effective lotion too :)  Not sure I'd pay full price for it but I definitely enjoyed using it!
Hair

Herbal Essences Ignite My Colour Conditioner - I bought this when I got caught short without any conditioner and the shop didn't have what I usually use.  It was nice enough, but it felt slightly lacking and I wouldn't repurchase.  Lovely smell though!

Timotei Vivid Colour Shampoo & Conditioner - My favourite duo for my hair - I wouldn't be without them now!  I've been finding them harder and harder to track down in shops, so I emailed Unilever who said they weren't being discontinued, but no retailers had made a big order for them recently, which is devastating.  I'm stocking up while I can!  You can read my full review here
Makeup

Garnier BB Cream For Combination To Oily Skin in Light - Jade gave me this sample sachet to try and I was really looking forward to it as I'd always wanted to give this BB cream a whirl.  Unfortunately, it was way too yellow in tone and somehow accentuated dry patches I didn't know I had!

Witch Blemish Stick - Suzie managed to get her paws on this at some point (she only chewed the outside and didn't eat the actual stick part, don't worry) which is why it looks so ravaged!  I always have one of these knocking about as it's perfect for zapping spots.  You can read my full review here

Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain - I got this ages ago back when I very first started swapping and buying beauty products through a page on Facebook.  It turned my lips a lovely deep pink colour, left them moisturised and had a yummy sweet scent and taste :)

Sugarpill Junebug - I received a sample of Sugarpill's Loose Eyeshadow in Junebug with an order many moons ago, which I decanted into this screw top pot.  It's finished, so now I can clean it out to use again! You can read my review of Junebug here

Soap & Glory Arch De Triumph - This is a great eyebrow pencil, but it's pretty much all run out.  There's still a fair amount of the highlighter end left, but it's really tricky to sharpen it as it's now so short, so into the bin it goes!  You can read my full review here
Other

Witch Cleansing and Toning Wipes - These are my face wipes of choice and I always have some on hand for lazy days :)

Wet Ones Be Cute Delicate Antibacterial Wipes - A handbag essential, particularly for removing the haphazard swatches I end up covered in during shopping trips :P

Colgate MaxWhite One Active Toothpaste - I used this mini toothpaste in my washbag for weekends away.  It's toothpaste... not sure what else to say about it!
 Lush

I always have a lot of Lush empties - I'll just direct you to my Lush Reviews page!
Home Fragrance

Yankee Candle Sugared Apple Large Jar - This sweet, powdery apple scent is a favourite.  I've cleaned out the jar to store falsies in!

Copenhagen Candle English Strawberry - This smelled incredible in the jar - just like strawberry jam.  It smelled of naff all when melted.  So disappointing :(

I also burned a few tarts:

Blueberry - This had a gorgeous fruity perfume scent.  The lasting power was a little short, but the throw was good and I really enjoyed it!  I got this from a Yankee Candle Facebook page as it's a discontinued scent

Sweet Strawberry - My favourite ever Yankee Candle scent.  Need I say more?

Mango Peach Salsa - Another favourite - it has a really sweet tropical scent that really brightens up the room :)

Pink Dragon Fruit - More fruity goodness!

Phew!  What have you finished up this month?

4 comments:

  1. That english strawberry candle looks like abit of heaven - as does the sugared apple!

    Emma over at - velvetroses.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, if you read you can see the English Strawberry candle was disappointing x

      Delete
  2. Haha, taking blog photos is my favourite thing to do when I have school work to do ;) Slammer is such a great shower gel- perfect in the morning! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me a happy Mali :) Feel free to leave blog links as I love new reading material, but please don't promote giveaways - that's just rude! ;)