Friday, 31 January 2014

NOTD: Green Groupie

Hi everyone!  Today I have a fun, green glitter manicure that's simple but effective - at least I think so anyway!

On my index finger I am wearing a base of Barry M Gelly Nail Effects in Key Lime and on my ring finger I am wearing a base of Barry M Nail Paint in Spring Green.  I topped both fingers with a couple of coats of Sweet Color Eco-Friendly Glitter Shimmer Candy Nail Polish Varnish in S108 (Born Pretty Store really know how to name things well!)  On my middle and pinky fingers I am wearing two coats of Pop Rocks Nail Enamel in Groupie 
Pop Rocks Nail Enamel isn't a brand I'm familiar with, but I found this polish randomly on eBay for 99p and snapped it up.  Groupie has a dark green jelly base packed with silver and holographic glitter - it's really beautiful on the nail!
The Born Pretty Store polish looks nothing like the website swatch which suggests a tinted base and turquoise glitter.  In fact, it's a clear base with pale green glitter that's slightly holographic.  I actually prefer this, but it's always a risk when ordering from a site like BPS - you can never be entirely sure what you'll get! ;)
I've been enjoying mixing up the order of my accent nails but am itching to do some 'proper' nail art again.  Do you guys have any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pop rocks colour. Stalking ebay. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it? I found it by searching for green glitter polish I believe :) x

      Delete
  2. ahhh if only my nails were longer! im such a biter! :(
    -http://025geru.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find painting my nails helps me not bite them :) x

      Delete

Comments make me a happy Mali :) Feel free to leave blog links as I love new reading material, but please don't promote giveaways - that's just rude! ;)