Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara - Review & Swatches

Hi everyone!  I have been on a real mascara binge in recent months, and I'm kicking myself for it as a few new ones have come out that I really want, but I can't justify buying yet another one.  I only have two eyeballs after all!

Anyway, onto today's review...  One of my university friends has the most beautiful eyelashes, and when I found out she used Maybelline's classic Great Lash mascara I had to try it for myself.

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara review
Maybelline's Great Lash mascara is pretty iconic as far as I can tell - I can remember it always being on the shelves of Boots or Superdrug!  In terms of packaging, it comes in a short tube with a pink and green colourscheme I rather enjoy. I have it in Blackest Black
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara review ingredients
This mascara allegedly 'conditions as it thickens', but I'm unsure what it is in the ingredients that provide this effect 
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara review brush
The brush is quite small and is made of plastic bristles in a spiral pattern.  It actually reminds me a little of the lower lash brush from Maybelline's Big Eyes mascara.  The small size makes it perfect for tricky areas like the inner corners and lower lashes
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara review
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara review
Bare lashes
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara review swatch swatches
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara review swatch swatches
What I love about this mascara is how light and soft the formula is.  It definitely provides length, volume and a deep black colour, but the result is very natural and feels like I'm not wearing any mascara at all.  It did take a week or so for this mascara to grow on me and for the formula to dry out a little, but I can see why it's such an iconic product!

For just £4.99, this is a great everyday mascara.  If you're looking for very lengthened and volumised lashes this won't be the mascara for you, but I'm loving natural fluttery lashes at the moment so I really like it.

Have you tried this famous mascara?

4 comments :

  1. I remember buying this on an American exchange trip when I was seventeen as you couldn't get it in England at the time (showing my age!) it was THE thing to buy. You've inspired me to get it again when I get thru my beauty box mascara backlog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried it because I was always turned off by the fake looking, aggressive ads, but it always looked so good on real people, as it does on you, that I'm tempted to try it.

    I quite like the natural fluttery effect, in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been liking it more and more I must admit - I used to be all about the thick jet black lashes, but the more natural soft look is really growing on me.

      Also, I managed to tweak the photos of all my upcoming posts to .jpg and I think it's running a lot better! It also takes way less time for the photos to upload. Thanks so much for your help x

      Delete

Comments make me a happy Mali :) Feel free to leave blog links as I love new reading material, but please don't promote giveaways - that's just rude! ;)